Friday, June 08, 2007

Bye Crockie!

Wow, that's a bad title. I was looking for an emphatic phrase to place before "I've been busy lately." And I have. Somehow, holding down a fulltime job, a part time job with the music dept. of my church, working on CD's with two different bands, and playing 2-3 gigs per week hasn't left much time to be the superdad that I normally am. It's funny how hard you'll work for things you've wanted all your life only to realize that those things aren't that important. I try my best to get home each night for at least an hour or two, but honestly, sometimes I'm just driving from gig to the other, getting home in the wee hours of the morning if at all. My four year old daughter has taken to calling me Josh. Pretty depressing.
That being said, I've got to shows tomorrow, both of which I am very excited about. Opening for one of my favorite bands at a festival earlier tomorrow, and then playing late night at a cool little venue called The Purple Onion. The new Mama Said disc is really coming out great. My fingerprints are a lot more apparent on this one, as I was actually hired after the last one was mostly recorded. Also, Mechanical Tiger's first CD is coming right along, and really showing some exciting potential.
So, that's that. I'm tired. Time to hit the sack for a couple of hours before heading out to the next show.

Y'all have a good weekend.