Friday, January 04, 2008

Addition to OMEGA review

I've been asked to list the individual matches from the OMEGA: Uncommon Passion DVD. If you haven't read my review on dawrestlingsite.com , please do so now.

The matches are:
Cham Pain and Otto Schwanz vs Surge (Matt Hardy) and Venom (Jason Ahrndt) -
Not a bad match at all. Venow was a really good big man. You usually don't find a guy like him on the indies. Otto turned into a really good big guy, but he seems a little green here. I'd give the match about **1/2.

Serial Thrillas vs. The Hardys (I)-
This is a very good match. It's hurt for me by the total lack of a crowd. I counted 11 people in the camera view. Doesn't change the fact that the guys busted their butts, but it does take down the significance somewhat. ***

Will O' the Wisp vs. Surge -
Jeff and Matt doing stupid gimmicks. The match isn't very good either. This one is glamourized in the documentary, but it doesn't come off nearly as well as they make it seem. **

Serial Thrillas vs. The Hardys (II)-
Another very good matchups from these teams, but this time it's a packed house and the crowd is hot. I'd put it in the **** range.

Shane and Shannon vs. Joey and Christian -
This is actually from a reunion show after both teams had "made it big". It doesn't do much for me, really. * 3/4